Aberdeen - St Andrew’s Cathedral
St Andrew’s Cathedral has a strong tradition of the best of Anglican cathedral music and singing. Music is an important means of reaching out into the community as we attract many supporters for musical events - particularly our Saturday recitals which run throughout the year. In addition to hosting Diocesan events and services, we welcome visitors from all over the world.
Special service times
Lenten Services and Activities:
Fridays during Lent:
(12, 19, 26 February; 4, 11, 18 March)
- Lenten Breakfast Study Series: You are invited to join in the Fast on Fridays from dawn till dusk. The Breakfast will include:
- 6:00pm: Eccumenical gathering for Holy Communion
- 6:30pm: Soup and Bread Breakfast
- 6:45pm: Study series on the Theme of Discernment – more details of the theme for each day is below.
- 7:45pm: Compline
- 12 February: The Provost will celebrate Communion, and Dr Nanette Milne MSP OBE will speak on Discernment in Politics.
- 19 February: Rev John McNeil of the Methodist Church will celebrate Communion, and Prof Andrew Morrison will speak on Discernment in Music.
- 26 February: Rev Stephen Taylor of the United Reformed Church will celebrate Communion, and Prof F von Prondzynski will speak on Discernment in Leadership.
- 4 March: Rev George Cowie of the Church of Scotland will celebrate Communion, and The Provost will speak on Discernment in I2 Spirituality.
- 11 March: Rev Gary Smith of the Baptist Church will celebrate Communion, and Prof Tom Greggs will speak on Discernment in Vocation.
- 8:00am: Holy Communion
- 10:45am: Sung Eucharist
- 6:30pm: Choral Evensong (University Term Time only)
- 10:00am: Holy Communion
Clergy and office bearers
- Provost | Very Rev Dr Isaac Poobalan | firstname.lastname@example.org | 01224 591527
- Assistant priest | Rev Moira Paterson
- Organist and Master of the Choristers | Prof Andrew Morrisson
Groups and activities
- Creche - during 10:45am service
- Sunday School (Godly Play or Junior Church) during 10:45am service
- Young membership of Cathedral Choir from age 8
- 6:30pm: Tuesday Fellowship (Young Adults Group)
Mother's Union: Monthly speakers and meetings - details available from the Cathedral Office.