Aberdeen - St Ninian’s Church
Welcome to St Ninian’s Church, 696 King Street, Aberdeen (Find Us Map). We’re an Episcopalian (Anglican) Church based in Seaton in Aberdeen, we’re the closest church to Hillhead Halls and have a congregation including small children, students and older adults.
We’d love to see you at a Sunday service. Our Tuesday Craft Group and our Young Adults Group meet regularly. We also have occasional music concerts and regular social/fundraising events.
You can spot us by our open red doors.
Special service times
Tuesday 28 February – Shrove Tuesday:
- 6:00-8:00pm: Pancake party in the welcome area of the Church. Please bring your favourite fillings.
Wednesday 1 March – Ash Wednesday:
- 7:30pm: Celebration of Holy Communion with Imposition of Ashes.
Tuesdays in Lent:
7, 14, 28 March; 4 April (excluding 21 March and Holy Week)
Please contact the Rev Joan Lyon for more details on email@example.com or 01224 740791
- 7:30pm: Emmaus at St Ninian’s - A short course for Lent: “Called into life”. The course is intended to help us to know more about what it means to have a vocation – not just for the work we do, whether we are a homemaker, student, employed or retired, but for who we are and how we live the whole of our lives before God.
The sessions are:
- 7 March: Called by God
- 14 March: Called to conversion
- 28 March: Called into community
- 4 April: Called into mission
Thursdays in Lent:
2, 9, 16, 23, 30 March; 4 April (excluding Holy Week)
- 10:00-11:00am: Wellsprings: A time to be resourced and fed by listening to God through Scripture following the pattern of ”lectio divina” followed by refreshments. Details of the venue available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10:30am: Holy Communion (1982 liturgy)
Clergy and office bearers
- Priest-in-Charge | Rev Joan Lyon | email@example.com | 01224 740791; 07508 314316
Groups and activities
- Alternate Tuesdays 2:00pm-4:00pm: Craft Group