Tuesdays in Lent - Services and Activites
Services and other activities taking place around the Diocese on Tuesdays during Lent (outwith the usual services) are listed below. Please contact churches direct using the information found in the Church Directory for more details about what is happening in your area.
Tuesdays in Lent:
7, 14, 21, 28 March; 4 April
- Lent Study: Loving others through Christ:
- Session 1: History of Hospitality
- Session 2: Caring for ourselves
- Session 3: What makes a welcoming place?
- Session 4: Presence of Jesus in all we do
- Session 5: Christ’s gift for us
Timings for Tuesdays:
- 11:00am: Mass
- 11:30am: Coffee
- 12:00am: Input and Discussion
- 12:30am: Lunch
- 13:00am: Discussion – personal experience and application – using helpful questions
- 13:45am: Closing
This study will also run on Wednesday evenings
- 7:30pm: Emmaus at St Ninian’s - A short course for Lent: “Called into life”. The course is intended to help us to know more about what it means to have a vocation – not just for the work we do, whether we are a homemaker, student, employed or retired, but for who we are and how we live the whole of our lives before God.
The sessions are:
- 7 March: Called by God
- 14 March: Called to conversion
- 28 March: Called into community
- 4 April: Called into mission
Please contact the Rev Joan Lyon for more details on email@example.com or 01224 740791
- 10:00am: Lent Eucharist
- 7:30pm: Joint Lent Study Group with St Kentigern’s Church at the Rectory
- 7:30pm: Joint Lent Study Group with St Thomas’ Church at the Rectory
28 February (Shrove Tuesday) 14, and 28 March;
- 7:30pm: Lent Taize – Reflections with music in the church
- 7:00pm: Lent Course: ‘Receiving Christ’ York Course – Contact Rev Keith Suckling (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details of the venue.
- There are no upcoming occurrences for this event.
- Tuesday April 4 2017
- Tuesday March 28 2017
- Tuesday March 21 2017